Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A cheeseburger Wrapper

The old clunker chugged into my drive way and I knew it would a very long night. How could my dad force me on a date with his coworkers' son? I took a deep breath as the door bell rang. Immediately as I opened the door the smell of cheap cologne flooded my sinuses. He said ”hi” and I was hit with the stench of week old lasagna. Before I could say anything he pulled out a bouquet of dandelions tied together with a piece of yarn. We made our way out the door and into his car without a word. He got into the car and started driving before I was even in. It didn't even occur to him that he should open my door! I wish that was the only problem. First off his car was filled with old take out boxes, dirty laundry, and unrecognizable items. When I sat down I could feel something slimy and sticky underneath me.  If I hadn't known better I would have thought he lived in there. After seeing his car I couldn't wait to see how dinner was going to go.

It was embarrassing enough to be seen with him in public but when he was slopping food in his mouth it was humiliating. Being with him in public was as embarrassing  as showing up to school in your underwear. If  you think we went to an elegant restaurant you're wrong. We were having burgers and shakes at Burger King. Not to mention the constant burps every bite. Now with the whole burger king crowd's eyes on us he decides it would be a great time to spill his soda all over the table and onto my clothes. I knew he felt bad but when he started wiping it up with a cheese burger wrapper something was really wrong with this guy. At that point I started pondering at the fact that it was probably time to leave.

Now back in his car sitting in sticky slime and covered in soda he decides to say how wonderful our date was. He also asked if I wanted to go on a second next weekend. I had to sweetly let him down with the "I have to study" excuse. When the clunker rolled back into my driveway I jumped out as quick as a wink. Not that my expectations  were very high going into this I date but  I can firmly say that it was the worst date I had ever been on and hopefully will ever be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment