Monday, October 24, 2011

Are you Proud of your Country?

 Author's Note: This is a piece I wrote in response to the question, "Are  you proud of your country."

When your country is killing people from different countries can you be proud? When it is  for the good of your country can you be proud?  I can say that I am proud of my country but don't believe in every choice that is made.  This is true in the situation of Bin Laden.  He did hurt America but did we need to kill him and dispose of his body in the ocean? This is one decision I'm not sure I agree with.

I am proud of America because when other countries are in times of grief we help. Whether it is donating money or actually going over to the country to give physical support.  In the instance of Haiti's natural disaster where a lot of money was donated but also we helped rebuild the country.

I am proud of America because of the ability to practice your own  beliefs.  There are many different religions and beliefs throughout the country and each one can be practiced freely.  In many other countries this is not the case -- they are forced to practice one religion and all have the same beliefs.

I am proud of America  because I can speak my opinion freely.  I can say why I don't always agree with the choices of our country. I am proud to call America my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment